NJ pine barrens -1 me-0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So the family and i decided to go for a little off road excursion down to the pine barrens, if you dont know about the pine barrens, just google the thousands of acres of pine forested, sand roaded, middle of no were wharton state forest.
Any way, we were trying some new trails and most of the mud pits have a trail around the water, we were by ourselves so i took the trails around the larger mud holes...............except this one, about ten foot long, no prob right, ease into it........so far so good, then the front end dropped, and i could turn right and left with no restriction..........ok reverse, sank.............to the effin frame rails. my left rear was the only tie that was touching some kind of bottom. We were about 20 miles from the nearest paved road, almost no cell service, no winch,1 old shovel, gets dark in 3 hours, and i have my wife and kids with me. Effin wonderful, So for 2 hours i dug, and dug........and dug, for every shovel full i took, the same amount of soupy sandy slop seeped into its place. i tried every thing, i used my spare tire jack to try to get the the tires up enough to put logs under the tires, but between the jack sinking and the only sticks around dead and rotten, it diddnt work out so hot. dug some more and the truck just settled even deeper. OK what now, i have a buddy in atlantic city with a f150, about an hour away, call him, ok "i need to go buy a tow strap and ill be there in a hour or two". My wife yells to me her sister is passing the exit to the pine barrens on there way to atlantic city for their honey moon, OMFG how convientient. LOL there driving a 2000 beat to hell ford expedition, 4 bald tires, chrome rims, "custom, interior and paint job" and neon ground effect lights.................no damn way there gettn me outta here but at least we could try till my buddy got here with the F150. it took almost an hour to talk them down the trail we were on, my tow strap is a dock line from work, 2" double braided nylon, 50+ton breaking strength. tied to my hitch to his front tow hooks, he sank in the sand......ok back up and hammer it.........., SNAP!!!!!!!!, now im down to 2 ten foot sections, tried those both again from the bumper, SNAP!!!, SNAP!!!! WTF my truck hasn't moved, not even a lil bit, Ok Last chance, we try from the front, i dont have tow hooks, and the from the fog lights down is buried. i used every bit of knot tieng, coast guardsmen badassnes i have to tie shreadded pieces of tow line togther to make one 10 foot section with 6 knots holding it all togeter. I open the hood and tie off the the frame infront of the radiatior and to his hitch, EASE INTO IT, OMG i moved a lil, then he sinks, get him unstuck and try on last time, ***** it, hammer it, i feel my truck lurch forward and i floor it, tires shooting mud in all directions, HEMI screamin, IM moving KEEP GOIN KEEP GOIN, my front tired pop out and i come flying out of this mud hole like a bat outta hell and miss rear ending the expedition by inches, mud caked on everthing from the doors down, inside and out. CAll my buddy who is just getting out of walmart, and tell him ill just pay him back for the straps and gas money, U ok? yeah trucks fine, Not the truck, Your PRIDE!!!!!, you just got save by a suv with bald tires and NEONS, to top it off you had to call two ford owners. I cried to my self the whole way home, BTW with 4 mud caked tires on the parkway makes for one shakey ride, my teeth were chattering at 50mph...................that was my day off, you cant make this **** up people.

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
What a ****** deal, atleast you guys made it out ok. Gotta say I've never been pulled out of anywhere by a Ford tho :D

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
1114011355.jpg

1114011357.jpg

1114011418a.jpg

1114011419.jpg

it dont look so deep, but i have no lift, and the first pick shows my rear suspension bottomed out......

no picks of gettn pulled out, i was in a hurry to get the hell outta the woods, with 2 screaming kids and a not so happy wife. was it all worth it?....................id do it again tomorrow if i diddnt have to work. just call some one with a dodge next time. :grd:

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dam!!! I've been in that situation more than once lol. Those coopers are good all around but sometimes it doesn't matter wat tires you've got lol glad you got out before night fall. That makes it 10 times worse lol

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

Five.SevenlExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
So the family and i decided to go for a little off road excursion down to the pine barrens, if you dont know about the pine barrens, just google the thousands of acres of pine forested, sand roaded, middle of no were wharton state forest.

Any way, we were trying some new trails and most of the mud pits have a trail around the water, we were by ourselves so i took the trails around the larger mud holes...............except this one, about ten foot long, no prob right, ease into it........so far so good, then the front end dropped, and i could turn right and left with no restriction..........ok reverse, sank.............to the effin frame rails. my left rear was the only tie that was touching some kind of bottom. We were about 20 miles from the nearest paved road, almost no cell service, no winch,1 old shovel, gets dark in 3 hours, and i have my wife and kids with me.

Effin wonderful, So for 2 hours i dug, and dug........and dug, for every shovel full i took, the same amount of soupy sandy slop seeped into its place. i tried every thing, i used my spare tire jack to try to get the the tires up enough to put logs under the tires, but between the jack sinking and the only sticks around dead and rotten, it diddnt work out so hot. dug some more and the truck just settled even deeper. OK what now, i have a buddy in atlantic city with a f150, about an hour away, call him, ok "i need to go buy a tow strap and ill be there in a hour or two".
My wife yells to me her sister is passing the exit to the pine barrens on there way to atlantic city for their honey moon, OMFG how convientient. LOL there driving a 2000 beat to hell ford expedition, 4 bald tires, chrome rims, "custom, interior and paint job" and neon ground effect lights.................no damn way there gettn me outta here but at least we could try till my buddy got here with the F150. it took almost an hour to talk them down the trail we were on, my tow strap is a dock line from work, 2" double braided nylon, 50+ton breaking strength. tied to my hitch to his front tow hooks, he sank in the sand......ok back up and hammer it.........., SNAP!!!!!!!!, now im down to 2 ten foot sections, tried those both again from the bumper, SNAP!!!, SNAP!!!!

WTF my truck hasn't moved, not even a lil bit, Ok Last chance, we try from the front, i dont have tow hooks, and the from the fog lights down is buried. i used every bit of knot tieng, coast guardsmen badassnes i have to tie shreadded pieces of tow line togther to make one 10 foot section with 6 knots holding it all togeter. I open the hood and tie off the the frame infront of the radiatior and to his hitch, EASE INTO IT, OMG i moved a lil, then he sinks, get him unstuck and try on last time, ***** it, hammer it, i feel my truck lurch forward and i floor it, tires shooting mud in all directions, HEMI screamin,

IM moving KEEP GOIN KEEP GOIN, my front tired pop out and i come flying out of this mud hole like a bat outta hell and miss rear ending the expedition by inches, mud caked on everthing from the doors down, inside and out. CAll my buddy who is just getting out of walmart, and tell him ill just pay him back for the straps and gas money, U ok? yeah trucks fine, Not the truck, Your PRIDE!!!!!, you just got save by a suv with bald tires and NEONS, to top it off you had to call two ford owners. I cried to my self the whole way home, BTW with 4 mud caked tires on the parkway makes for one shakey ride, my teeth were chattering at 50mph...................that was my day off, you cant make this **** up people.

Sorry that just made my head hurt :killer:

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
that sucks. Theres areas like that in NJ? Every time I drive thru that state it seems its all roads and smelly factories.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lol when i lived in nj i went there a few times that place is no joke at least the jersey devil did not get you.