Odd humming/ buzzing sound.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 06' Ram 1500 3.7 that I bought about six months ago. From the time that I got it it's had a humming or buzzing sound that seems to be coming from either under the hood or behind dash on the passenger side. It's a constant steady noise that doesn't change with acceleration. If you recall an old PA system or amp that made a hum or buzz due to feedback, that's what it reminds me of. It's definitely not a speaker issue though.

I've tried finding it under the hood but it gets drowned out by the sound of the engine. Mostly it's heard from inside the truck. When I turn the truck off it can be heard for about 1 - 2 seconds after the engine stops and sounds as though as it's winding down. This sound is also present with the AC on or off.

Broyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A guess. The blower motor? Maybe something heavy got sucked into the blower cage that's thrown it out of balance.