Official Safety Guy 2011 Baja Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man I have got to say this .... as a safety guy grinding without a face sheild what is wrong with you. lol

I couldn't watch the video or hear for that matter since my speakers are broke for some reason I will watch though.

At least I was wearing goggles!

OP
OP
S

SafetyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
4.7L
I agree with frog on all the points he made...I cant see why you cant use the blocks that come in the zone kit, they claim to be all kinda special and rated at 60k lbs...The steering extension is over $100 and I got the kit for $320 including shipping. The radiator, fuel and all the other hose extensions werent really needed in our case but might would be worth doing in a vehicle that will have so much body flex. I guess you could get better grade body bolts and solid aluminum 3in spacers cut if you are worried, just need a 1/2in hole in the middle of them

Im jealous as **** of you. This is awesome. How much is he charging you if you dont mind me asking? Or is it a roundabout until hes done deal

As a LED bar, the Rigid Industries LED bars look amazing. Kinda pricy but sounds like your deep into it wallet wise. If you could run a contained HID kit with the ballast IN the light fixture i would trust it a bit more

I dont mind you asking at all the Chromoly Bumper 3/16 skid plate up front and under is going to be $1100 The 2 lights bars that I will be running are $800 each so $1600 total for the front $2700 Not too bad I dont think. As far as the Kit thing Goes I talked to the tech Inspectore at SCORE and it seemed It could be used if this and that sorta thing so to avoid it all I will construct my own more than likely it will be done by the guys fabbing my cage for me.

The lighting setup was suggested by Jared at ADD (R&H Longtravel) who helped build the Born In Baja Ford Raptor. I think you will notice a few more of these lights this year I am going to runa dual light bar setup the first bar will have floods and a spots in the center and the second bar will be amber to help see thorugh the silt beds dust.

Nothing to be jealous of Im just going through my bucket list and this was on it who knows maybe next year Ill build a Pro Truck.

At least I was wearing goggles!

True which is more than can be said for most garage mechanics amature and professional!!