Oh what a day!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well my day started out OK, planning on a trip on Thursday..my tires are well overdue for a rotate...decided i have no way to personally do it myself, exp with the 20 inch tires and no jack...so i decided to take it over to a local shop that I and my family have been using for years...

Anyway, took it over and did the rotate and to patch a tire that had a small nail in it. 30 minutes later i was told that the 2 nails that were found weren't leaker..saved money there.. so when done i was handed the bill and it said...$00.00, man that was cheap...they must have made a mistake...oh well didn't say anything...did find out I needed both front and rear brakes, figured id do them myself like i have before...so i went to the Pep Boys to get the rotors and Pads for the Ram.

got home and tried to jack it up using a small ass hydo jack and jack stands in my parents driveway on a slight incline...bad combo....the jack wouldn't lift the truck enough to put the stands under it... so i gave up. called the shop up and asked them about installing them...they told me they don't normally install customer provided parts, but because "I" am a very good customer they would make an exception and am dropping it off in the morning ... I'm actually looking forward to it getting done..

I knew they were low and needed to be done..just didn't know how bad they were. 0% front and 5% rear, surely don't want to make a 1200 mile trip knowing the brakes are that bad..
Ive put brakes on the truck a few times already...at that time i had a lift...

so basically on that subject it wasn't a bad day... for the most part...

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
i think a new floor jack is in your future, sounds like you could use one. and thankfully you found out your needed brakes before the trip, not during it

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Lucky find. lol No good driving on bad brakes no matter how far. But yea need a new jack. I had to do the same thing. My little 2 ton wouldn't reach my axle so I went out and bought a big 3 ton.

OP
OP
Hemitom

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes there is a Jack in my future..Right now..well in the next couple weeks i don't know whats in the future...I'm trying to find a job...I just had a interview today...(Auto tech) not holding my breath...going south into KY to inquire about a job there..as well as visiting friends...I may be relocating from De/Md to Ky, if this job works out.

so when i get settled in to a place to be able to work on my cars...that will be one of the first things...

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You should have just bought a Jack, instead of paying someone else to do it.