Only warm/hot air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdyt7717

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, my truck only blows warm/hot air, even on cold. If I turn on the a/c it will get cold though. I remember seeing a post about fixing the issue but can't find it. Can anyone help me out?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys, my truck only blows warm/hot air, even on cold. If I turn on the a/c it will get cold though. I remember seeing a post about fixing the issue but can't find it. Can anyone help me out?

Well...you're in VA in May...without the AC button on, it's only blowing outside air into the cab (unless you have the recirc on). Of course it's not gonna blow cold if you don't have the button on...

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah you're sucking outside air in through a black shroud usually in direct sunlight and getting blasted from the heat off of the engine and radiator fan. Without the ac on, take the outside air temp and add 30 or 40 degrees to it and that's what you'll get out of the vents.