Opinion needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mstef9512

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2006 Ram 1500 SLT and I only have heat coming out of the passenger side. The defrost doesn't get very warm and the other vents put out almost air conditioner cold air. Anybody have this happen and remeber what was wrong? It's snowing and I need it fixed ASAP!!

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take your blower motor out. It's in the passenger foot well. 3 screws and a plug to unplug. Peek up there and see if the recirc door is blocking the vent tube. Pull it out of there if it is. Careful there are sharp edges up there. Reinstall the blower motor and give it a go.

Worked wonders for me!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
^^^This^^^

The blend door has stuck or is broken. Without the blend door you get air out of all the outlets at all the time but this is an easy fix to get heat to both sides of the cab and to the defroster.

Check to see if you can move the blend door and maybe it needs to be unstuck is all.

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2006 Ram 1500 SLT and I only have heat coming out of the passenger side. The defrost doesn't get very warm and the other vents put out almost air conditioner cold air. Anybody have this happen and remeber what was wrong? It's snowing and I need it fixed ASAP!!
I had same problem. The heater core is plugged up. All the doors were good. I pulled hoses at engine and flushed core both directions about ten times. Then buy some CLR and fill the core up. Let it sit ten minutes and flush both ways about 10-15 times. Flush into a bucket, so you can see what comes out and when it flows clears.

I just did mine last week and now in have heat out both sides at 140F.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unless you have dual zones, heat on one side is 100% the heater core. I have had mine replaced, and can only go a week or two before it gets partially blocked again. I think I must have a very small leak of coolant into my oil somewhere, because I have seen a very thin film on my oil cap, but have yet to notice my coolant level change. I think this is where the gunk is coming from on my truck.

Blend doors are one of 3 issues:
1) You lose control of outside vs. recirculate
2) You lose some control of where the air flow is directed (defrost, feet, vents, or combination of).
3) (DUAL ZONE UNITS ONLY) You lose some control of heat (different levels of) between driver and passenger side.