P0750... possibly related to other electrical issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob The Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got a 2008 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the 5.7 hemi. Truck has 115k miles on it. It threw P0750 - "Shift Solenoid 'A' Malfunction" about a week ago. It's gone into "safe mode"... checked transmission fluid... it's looks/smells good and has appropriate level. Have poked around on the internet and believe the solenoid may be bad (I've got "buzzing" sound coming from area of transmission pan... found some other people with similar and they checked block and it was bad).

Have been driving truck short distances locally. Noticed last night that the air conditioning is no longer cooling. I've not any any issue with the truck and it was blowing COLD air last time I ran it (a day or two before it threw the P0750). Air still blows but it's showing ZERO sign of cooling.

My question... is anyone aware of any connections between the electrical circuit associated with the AC and the circuit associated with the shift solenoid? I know nothing about the electrical circuits in the truck. It just seems to be very odd coincidence that the AC stops cooling immediately after the truck threw the P0750 warning.

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Jason

OP
OP
B

Bob The Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, the problems were related. I replaced the shift solenoid today and got the transmission put back together. When I started it up, AC was working again. Can only assume that there was some connection between the 2 circuits and when the solenoid pack shorted, it shut down the circuit.