paint on bedliners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
well im finally gonna paint me a bedliner. first off i have a ton of scratches on my bed. a ton.
1: wants the best grit to sand it down to put primer on it? and should i use wet sanding?
2:what grit sand paper should i use on the primer for the bedliner? and should i use wet sanding?
3: if there is an imperfection in the bedliner later on, can i just paint over it?
4: what is the best rollon bedliners out there? i dont have an air compressor.
5: how much paint will the 6foot bed take?

i do know prep work is the most important step in painting. and i wanna get it right lol. figuring ill probably prime it one day and then wait a day or 2 to put the liner in. i always see the drop in bedliners on CL for really cheap, but i dont like the look to them at all. so thats completely off my list.

any other input is appreciated!

Thanks
-Nick

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Dave will be the best on for this hes used the Hurcaliner on both of his trucks and came out great.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I have been looking at Durabak liner. It can be sprayed or rolled on but I am still in the research stage. I have a paint chip coming my way and I am hoping the blue looks alright with my blue.

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
yea i saw the dura brand also. one problem with the Herculiner is the Xylene i have to keep on the brush/roller.

i just got tired of worrying about scratching the bed, and i love the look to the roll ons.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Rhino liner is good

As for prepping:

I order it online .. comes in a kit , 1 gallon and all the brushes and special rollers

Key is to PREP PREP PREP .. sand everything down to bear metal , clean with mineral spirits dry dry dry .. tape off and go .. first coat light .. second coat light . Then normal ... after 5 hrs cover it in the UV protector.

You can beat the **** out of it with a hammer and it wont chip if done right .
I did it on my last rig also .

Not only does it give it a ruggid look that no one has but protects the **** out of your paint

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
You will be the happiest using hurculiner the kit has everything
One thing i will stress do not use a hand sander get a oribital sander and use 100 grit paper
I have done both my trucks and love it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Hey that looks like something i said HB lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
look a little familiar? Heheheheh i remembered you posted that the other day lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam