Passenger hub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So just wondering if anyone has replaced their hub. Just wanted to know wh and your symptoms because I'm sure is out and looking on ordering a new one.wanted to know a good name brand. Prob gonna go with moog but please let me know what you got or what to stay away from. I know how to do it just need some reassurance this is my issue and what to get.

Thanks guys in advance!

Bigdaddyii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wheel bearing hub? Most common is a roar that appears at about 30 mph, sounds like you are running swampers for tires. The noise will also change when turning curves, curve toward one side and it gets louder, curve the other way and it goes away.
Another way to check is to jack up the front of the truck, and grab the tire at the top and bottom and check for play. The tire shouldnt move at all. Also spin the tire and listen for a marble in a can sound

As far as replacements, you cant go wrong with Timken.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Timken is a great brand. They aren't all that difficult to change out, just get a loan-a-tool slide hammer from AutoZone or somewhere else and itt'l come right off. Just make sure you get the correct one, w/ or w/o front anti-lock brakes.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had to replace mine on my trip to Cali (in the hotel parking lot). Went with the best thing auto zone had and have not had a problem.. Don't forget your torque wrench.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea I got me a torque wrench. So what do you Guys think is a good deal, I'ma see if I paint half of my 2 story house if my dad will buy me this, a clocksring an get it installed(350ish) and a case of Fukken:D so around 550ish for it all, think that's a good deal?

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks guys, this was my squeak for all of you who have helped me... Will go in tomorrow to get a new cv boot clamp and more grease and will be ready to sell:D