Pm time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I know the battery method does. I do that every oil change or mod I do. But that's just me. Still chasing my misfire. But hey the truck runs.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i pull the PCM fuse, on my 04 hemi and 05 hemi it was #23 in the fuse panel under the hood. then i go to the drivers seat fasten the seat belt ( this helps prevent confusion with the dings). and turn the key on, do not try to start just turn to on. there will be a short pause, followed by a single ding pause then a double ding. re-insert PCM fust replace cover and haul ass. i usually do it every oil change. i am only running a can tune. or you could pull the neg battery cable for 10 min or so.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
i have never oiled my K&N . just blow it off with the air hose

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
that is highly frowned upon. we used to do that on the oil rigs but i always cleaned mine with the degreaser and re-oiled it. the k&n doesn't seem to clean as well as the aFe kit did but its a 3rd of the price. another benifit to the aFe set up was the oil color options. they have red blue black yellow and a few others. i bought the k&n because i was slacking on my inventory and needed a recharge kit now. i will order a new aFe kit online after the next clean.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
i also have k/n, so i might look into it. dont think mines ever been cleaned (30k miles)

You have never cleaned the filter?????? Please tell me you are joking. Your truck will run so much better if you regularly clean it. It'll also keep the filter lasting longer. I try to do mine every oil change if its bad or at least every other. I will be ordering the AFE dry filter in about a week so no more oiling.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have never cleaned the filter?????? Please tell me you are joking. Your truck will run so much better if you regularly clean it. It'll also keep the filter lasting longer. I try to do mine every oil change if its bad or at least every other. I will be ordering the AFE dry filter in about a week so no more oiling.

Those dry filters look nice. I get tired of cleaning and oiling my filter all the time.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I use palmolive dish washing soap because it keeps my hands looking manly lol. and a bucket full of water then dip the filter a few times . then empty the bucket and do it again like 3 or four times then to hurry the drying proccess I use my compressor then hair dryer to help it dry faster. then after its dry I use the k&n spray oil and slap it back on.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
k aaron. i could and will if you want do a write up but the kit comes with step by step instructions. here are some before and after pics though. please allow plenty of time for drying you could cheat and use a hair dryer on cool or warm but i wouldnt use an air compressor. make sure you filter is dry before you oil it and dont over oil. it has been said that the oil can damage your engine. oiled filters could also void your warranty so if you are under factory i would suggest a dry style. air raid and aFe both make dry filter there may be others.

the dirty filter. ewwwwww

DSC_0001-2.jpg

after the cleaning process

DSC_0002-2.jpg

after the oil

DSC_0004-1.jpg

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
They need to make a better squirt bottle my thumb is killing me when im done soaking it with the cleaner.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
They need to make a better squirt bottle my thumb is killing me when im done soaking it with the cleaner.

Thats why I poor the bottle into a spray style bottle, my thumbs killed me after the thing was soaked so one day I finally said screw it.

Okla - The finished look on that filter looks really light, almost to light, then again I am use to the blue color of the aFe oil so maybe its more pronounced than the red from k&n.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i have never used the k&n before so im not sure ryan. i am also used to the aFe blue. the instructions say as long as no white is showing, its fine. i was really diasapointed with the k&N cleaner. it didnt seem to do near as much grime removal. my air filter had gotten pretty bad lately due to the rig location. it was 25 miles of dirt road and gravel.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
i have never used the k&n before so im not sure ryan. i am also used to the aFe blue. the instructions say as long as no white is showing, its fine. i was really diasapointed with the k&N cleaner. it didnt seem to do near as much grime removal. my air filter had gotten pretty bad lately due to the rig location. it was 25 miles of dirt road and gravel.

Well hopefully I will be able to order one of the non-oiled ones on friday

Air Filters Intake Filters 5-1/2"F x (7x10)"B x 7"T x 8"H 21-90020 - aFe Power

Ican order it through a different site and get it for about $10 or so cheaper but I also need to pickup a different part as well from aFe so maybe I'll just pony up the $10 to get it here from the site so I know it will be here (my last moes experience has driven me off going through those types of sites). I need to call 4wheel parts though and see if they carry it and the other item as well locally and if so I'll just go over there instead.