polished/chrome stock wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hey guys just bought an 04 1500 hemi quad. i bought it knowing it needed tires. i found a guy that has a set of "hemi" chrome/poilshed wheels and almost new tires for 800 bux obo .......a couple questions ...

1. are the wheels polished aluminum or chromed aluminum ?

2. the wheels are beautiful but the edges of the wheel... where the wheel weights would be clip on is NOT POLISHED... is this normal or do some wheels have a chrome plastic wheels cover to make cheaper wheels look like polished factory rims ? the reason i ask is i looked at another truck with the same situation .... wheels looked good but the very edge of he wheel was not and actually looked really bad. any help ?? thanks guys, scott

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
There are a chrome clad (basically a plastic hub cap glued to the wheel).and real chrome wheels depending on what year they are,

My wheels are all nice and shiney and then the lip looks like crap they are the chrome clad ones

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF.

First off, do you know what year they are off of? The newer rims unfortunately have plastic chrome covers over them and aren't real. Have a pic of them? Then we could help ya out

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah.... that is way too much for those wheels, you can buy a set of Boss, SRT10 wheels, etc for the same price used and look a lot better. Those are the wheels no one wants, referred to as "flower petals", I would skip on those IMO, and getcha some sweet ones :)

OP
OP
coolbikeguy

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah.... that is way too much for those wheels, you can buy a set of Boss, SRT10 wheels, etc for the same price used and look a lot better. Those are the wheels no one wants, referred to as "flower petals", I would skip on those IMO, and getcha some sweet ones :)

i figured it was to good to be true but i need tires so i thought i might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone ..... i like the look of the factory chrome/polished wheels but i DO NOT want plastic clad ...... thanks for the help folks ... :)

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I hear ya, try lookin for some 06-08 ones, they are still the chrome covers, but they look good, or even the newer 11-12 ones like what I have in my sig. You can prolly pick those up for the same price range, but I know you should be able to get some custom rims for the same price on CL

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
They do have that style rim in polished alum, the set we have on the 05 are those.

OP
OP
coolbikeguy

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I hear ya, try lookin for some 06-08 ones, they are still the chrome covers, but they look good, or even the newer 11-12 ones like what I have in my sig. You can prolly pick those up for the same price range, but I know you should be able to get some custom rims for the same price on CL

yea ... im digging your 5 spokers ... highly polished .... SWEEEEEET