Possible New Owner-Hoping to be Convinced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I do believe the Ram manual calls for 89 octane in the Hemi. So that could be why some guys don't get the best MPG.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. $15-16 would be the deal. Mileage is great, but still an '07.

OP
OP
S

stilambo07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How will i get them down that much? The other stop is this...a 2006 black sport with 85k selling for 18500
It has the bedcab which is perfect so prob leaning towards that. Still seems high priced

I had another question. Is there any benefit of going with the two door models...ie: weight, better mpg?

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How will i get them down that much? The other stop is this...a 2008 black sport with 85k selling for 18500
It has the bedcab which is perfect so prob leaning towards that. Still seems high priced

I had another question. Is there any benefit of going with the two door models...ie: weight, better mpg?

The 3 serise BMW? Nice, but I don't see the bed on it?! :)

I have the RegCab, I don't think there is much if any improvement in the MPG. But obviously it's shorter and easier to move around and park in cities. Obviously it is lighter, which will give you a little faster acceleration over the QCs.

I think you will regret it, though, not having seating for more than 2.5 people total. It is effectively a two seater, maybe three in a pinch.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
How will i get them down that much? The other stop is this...a 2006 black sport with 85k selling for 18500

Only benefit that I can see with the Standard cab over the extended cab models is the ability to park damn near anywhere you want without problems. I have seen some longer trucks than mine having major problems getting into and out of tight parking spots.

Last edited:

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Don't appear anxious for starters. Tell them its a nice truck, but remind them it is 7 years old. Also remind them that there are a lot of incentives on the new trucks right now. Arrange your own financing commitment if you need to so you can make them a cash offer and give them your number. Tell them that's where you'd buy the truck and you're gonna keep looking. See what happens. If you don't hear from them in a couple of days you can call them and increase your offer a little and ask them to move too. Keep in mind they probably paid 12-14K for that truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stilambo07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Keep in mind they probably paid 12-14K for that truck.

....More closer to $10k !!!

I had my '07 1500 Sport "appraised" at a Ram/Jeep dealership about a month ago, and that is what they were trying to give me. But mine was right at 100k at the time and has a few cosmetic issues.

That Blue one is nice, driver seat wear is just like mine. How? Tell them you are serious, but are looking at other trucks. Walk out. Let them get back to you. Don't show emotion.

FYI, my '07 is one of the best vehicles we have ever owned. Still purring like a kitten and doing everything it should ever since it rolled off the lot.

Good Luck. Remember you are in the "command position". They are trying to sell YOU something. Let them earn your business. And watch the small print and add-ons. Often, if you really cut them to the bone on the purchase price, they will do everything possible to make it back up in extended service plans, warranty contracts with other brokers, and tack on all kinds of stupid, useless crap. :deal:

Just say no. :Nonono: Give me the truck for what I want, or walk. They'll fold.

OP
OP
S

stilambo07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How easy is it to find a bed cap? Guess it depends on the body color?