Pretty sure I have a bug....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So let me start by saying I have a 2007 SLT, 4.7 (flex fuel), 4WD, Crew Cab.

Issue #1: So I keep having some bug issues with the truck. Every once in a while the "check gauges" light comes on upon start up and the oil pressure gauge shows 0. So I shut the truck off and back on and it's fixed. Doesn't happen often.

Issue #2: Low washer fluid warning. So same issue here, doesn't happen often only once in a while. Restarting the truck doesn't always fix this.

Issue #3: Transmission not shifting right. So this has only happened like 3 times in the last 8 months. The truck will drive like **** and won't shift correctly. I did a complete flush and filter change, so it's not that. Why I think this is a "bug" is because a restart of the truck fixes it.

Issue #4: And this is the most annoying, especially during the summer heat of coastal Georgia; the AC vents. So I've been having the typical issue if the fan blowing but not much coming out of the vents. So after some research and digging, I found out that the fresh air door wasn't broke but was clocked wrong on the door motor. So the door would operate but only open half way. So I removed the motor and held the door shut and replaced the motor. Problem fixed, or so I thought. Now intermittently I get zero air from the vents. The fan is blowing but nothing from the vents. Again, this is intermittent and really depends on if I change the controls at all. For example, I switched from AC and the upper vents to the defrost and it worked fine, but when I switched back to the AC and top vents there was nothing coming out of the vents. And no matter what setting I put it on there was nothing. Floor vents, upper vents or defrost vents. Turned the truck off for an hour and came back out and worked fine. Very frustrating!

*note: Even when I say "works fine", it still doesn't blow that had. Maybe about 50% of my wife's 2016 Pathfinder...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had a 2006 5.7l Hemi quad cab 4wd and I had all kinds of insane issues and it turned out to be my TIPM (trucks computer) had like 14 internal failures and was wreaking havoc on everything. Was around $1,100 for a new TIPM and like $1,500 total with labor.

That was the day I bought my 2012 Ram lol.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

OP
OP
Jerseystyle

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 2006 5.7l Hemi quad cab 4wd and I had all kinds of insane issues and it turned out to be my TIPM (trucks computer) had like 14 internal failures and was wreaking havoc on everything. Was around $1,100 for a new TIPM and like $1,500 total with labor.

That was the day I bought my 2012 Ram lol.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...
LOL. I'm thinking that's the problem as well.

OP
OP
Jerseystyle

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I think I found one of the issues with my AC...

So it went out again so I removed the blower to inspect and the evaporator was frozen over.

I'm thinking either low on refrigerant or possibly the evaporator temperature sensor. The sensor is on the back side of the evaporator. So I went to the dealer since part stores don't carry the sensor and the parts guy doesn't think that's the issue as he claims they've "never ordered that part before". At $25 I'm thinking it's worth a shot?!?! Anyone else replace it with positive outcomes?

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This may be off base but worth a shot. Check you're ground wires. I had a car one time that the main ground was intermittent. When it would start to loose contact everything would go haywire, then meracuaslly fix itself. Pain to find but simple fix.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Sounds like you need a new computer that should fix your problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
So let me start by saying I have a 2007 SLT, 4.7 (flex fuel), 4WD, Crew Cab.

Issue #1: So I keep having some bug issues with the truck. Every once in a while the "check gauges" light comes on upon start up and the oil pressure gauge shows 0. So I shut the truck off and back on and it's fixed. Doesn't happen often.

Issue #2: Low washer fluid warning. So same issue here, doesn't happen often only once in a while. Restarting the truck doesn't always fix this.

Issue #3: Transmission not shifting right. So this has only happened like 3 times in the last 8 months. The truck will drive like **** and won't shift correctly. I did a complete flush and filter change, so it's not that. Why I think this is a "bug" is because a restart of the truck fixes it.

Issue #4: And this is the most annoying, especially during the summer heat of coastal Georgia; the AC vents. So I've been having the typical issue if the fan blowing but not much coming out of the vents. So after some research and digging, I found out that the fresh air door wasn't broke but was clocked wrong on the door motor. So the door would operate but only open half way. So I removed the motor and held the door shut and replaced the motor. Problem fixed, or so I thought. Now intermittently I get zero air from the vents. The fan is blowing but nothing from the vents. Again, this is intermittent and really depends on if I change the controls at all. For example, I switched from AC and the upper vents to the defrost and it worked fine, but when I switched back to the AC and top vents there was nothing coming out of the vents. And no matter what setting I put it on there was nothing. Floor vents, upper vents or defrost vents. Turned the truck off for an hour and came back out and worked fine. Very frustrating!

*note: Even when I say "works fine", it still doesn't blow that had. Maybe about 50% of my wife's 2016 Pathfinder...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I had all the same issue and more, it is either your tipcm(fuse box) or your pcm (computer) bought mine from automix.com you can pick witch state you want the part from to decrease the odds of getting a corroded one's.

OP
OP
Jerseystyle

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had all the same issue and more, it is either your tipcm(fuse box) or your pcm (computer) bought mine from automix.com you can pick witch state you want the part from to decrease the odds of getting a corroded one's.
automix.com domain is for sale.

[emoji6]

I'm thinking it's the TIPM as well. I was looking at the TIPM on Rockauto.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
...or like me, just a random coincidence...

Crappy oil sender. Still a problem. Just haven't been motivated enough to buy an oem sender. *supposedly* that is the fix.
Sensor at bottom of wiper bottle somehow rotated and would randomly throw the dash light. Of course the bottle was full so it drove me nuts for a week or so until I got around to checking it out.

Check the obvious silly stuff before condemning the pcm and such.