Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SgtNuzza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all. I'm having a slight problem with my 08 1500. I just recently had my four-wheel-drive replaced in preparation for today's snowstorm. Navia sure I'm having is when I put it in four wheel the truck is vibrating. Why would it be doing that?

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At idle, or only when moving? Are you leveled or lifted or anything? Some leveling kits have caused vibration while moving in 4wd. That's my initial guess.

Issue is high Cv angle I believe. Otherwise I'm not sure.

OP
OP
SgtNuzza

SgtNuzza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I just did some searching and it's showing the high angle being the issue.
I just recently had a 2.5 level put in and everyone that's done that has had the same issue

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. the 2.5" leveling kits are the main culprit. I heard if you go 2", it's not that common of an issue... Silly for that .5" to make that big of a difference...

OP
OP
SgtNuzza

SgtNuzza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea all that for half an inch is pretty ******.
Talking to some other groups I found that those bilstein adjustable struts actually completely get rid of that shudder.. it's a lot less that buying new cv joints so I think I might give that a shot