Question on the 180 thermostat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Is it plug n play?

They do come plug and play, They want 50 bucks. Too much money for some clever plastic end connectors. The one(s) I have are simple wire connectors that require cut,strip and crimp application. However They are reversed (male/female) so you can reconnect after removal if so desired.:birgits_tiredcoffee

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I had a place do a flush for me springtime how do I know they used the right stuff ?and what can happen if they didn't

I think the hoat mixture is a orangy/brown? Thats just by looking at it, hense the labels are long gone once poured into the system.:birgits_tiredcoffee

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
First thing, don't panic.

There is no "danger" here. Nothing is going to break or explode. Mopar's HOAT is a long life coolant good for 100k miles designed specifically for aluminum parts. It's the best fluid out there. Almost all of the manufacturers now use some version of a HOAT formula. With that said, the main drawback to universal fluid is it's shortened lifespan (36,000 vs 100,000 miles). I wouldn't run out and change it tomorrow. A year or so will be fine. Just remember your aluminum protection is reduced during this time.
thanks George I was a little worried for a min there lol