Quick Transmission Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Well, if you think you can do it on the ground, go out there climbe under it and just look at it for a minute. Take a look at everything that needs to be removed to get to the trans, take a look at the bolts that need to be undone up at the housing, specially the ones on top of the trans as well as all the plugs... then decide what you want to do.

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, if you think you can do it on the ground, go out there climbe under it and just look at it for a minute. Take a look at everything that needs to be removed to get to the trans, take a look at the bolts that need to be undone up at the housing, specially the ones on top of the trans as well as all the plugs... then decide what you want to do.

When the converter gets here I am going to measure it to see how far back I will need to move the trans to do the swap. If I can move the trans back far enough without pulling the cross member/bars I will probably do it on the ground. If not I will probably do it at the garage.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Imo the cross member isn't the issue its getting to everything that be a real pain on the ground