Random discovery, need your confirmation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srt8dork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I decided I am going to build my own over the bed rack/basket deal, and I went out to the truck to do some measuring, figure out how much metal i will need so i can start cutting and welding and i came across something funny. you know those side drop-in holes on the bed, one in each corner, in the top of the sides.... well the right rear, right front, and left rear were all exactly 5-3/4 deep, but the left front was only 5-5/8 deep.... is ayone else's like that? any idea on why? maybe they needed and extra 1/8 to keep it above the fuel door? hahaha thanks for letting me know if you do!

lilfroger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
The body builder site only shows one Stake Pocket Open Size (2.4x1.8) for all 08 boxes.

Maybe yours is special ... or it is such a small difference they didn't feel the need to document it.

OP
OP
S

srt8dork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sorry i realize i did a horrible job of explaining what i was talking about, but i was referring to how deep those holes go down into the truck, not the size of the openings haha thanks for that link, thats a pretty freaking awesome reference to have

lilfroger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
The wiring diagrams alone make that site worth it's weight (if web sites have weight ... how much does a byte weigh ... or would you consider the weight of the equipment; those racks aint light ~ but then again they are so much lighter than the old stuff ... or is it a weight of the knowledge ... oh I degrees) in gold!

smiley_emoticons_fred_zocker.gif

It doesn't give depth :( Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956