"Rear End-Wiggle" on a MegaCab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mega Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No, there is no stripper pole in the bed. Yet.

As we all know, MegaCabs are all built as a 2500. I have been getting this sway from the rear for about 4 months and can't figure out what the hell it could be.

Leaf spring are good, Bilstein shocks are only 6 months old, new U-bolts for rear blocks.

AND the entire front end has been redone to the upgrade OEM 5500 tie rod assembly and a dual shock steering stabilizer.

Please... Any ideas????

I don't see anything loose, broken or worn. Everything is sound as a pound. (whatever that means)

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Would a rear sway bar help?

[ tapatalkin ]

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i know the sway bar helps on the 1500's, i would say if they make them for the mega/hd's it wouldn't hurt to try.

OP
OP
Mega Mike

Mega Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not sure if it would work. I was told it "MIGHT". But doesn't a rear sway bar help reduce body roll?

My problem is the rear feels like it slides left and right when I swerve to miss a pothole or a jay walker. :naughty:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i think a sway bar helps with that too.....have been told it helps with rear end bounce too.....the scray **** that happens when you hit a bump on a curve.

OP
OP
Mega Mike

Mega Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just throwing this out there. Could there be an issue with my Bilstein 5100 shocks?

I am just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together. No sway bar, leaf springs are good. And the only other suspension component back there are the shocks.

Anybody disagree?

I may call the website where I got the shocks from, and see if he can send new ones to replace the current ones as a test.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I don't really think it'd be the shocks.... but I could be wrong. I have heard that the rear sway bar helps out a lot

OP
OP
Mega Mike

Mega Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My thing is, I never had this sway before.

Or could it be the leaf spring bushings?

That is the last thing I could think of.