Removing factory tow bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Megahemi06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone removed thier OEM tow bar assembly? I'm taking mine off to put on a roll pan, i have all bolts out and it wont come off. looking at it, looks like i have to unbolt the bed and raise it up. I'm about ready to get the cutting torch and cut it off. I was hoping to sell it. Any info would be helpful.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I may be too late, but yeah you have to unbolt the bed and pick it up and it will come out

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Been years but i think i removed unbolt 2 bolts at the rear and loosen the 2 in the center/middle. Should be enough to lift the bed up and remove the assembly hitch (assuming you have all the additional bolts removed for the hitch and bumper/license plate etc)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
yea you don't have to completely remove all the bolts just enough to get the hitch out.

OP
OP
Megahemi06

Megahemi06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup! had to unbolt bed raise rear of bed 4" for torque tube to clear. Took us about 2 hours altogether. Wasn't as bad as i thought. Hitch must weigh close to 100 lbs.