Repair update....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
well as some of you guys may recall i got into an accident about a week and a half ago. Well after dropping her off at the shop last night they jumped on it today. So here is the damage report, apparently my driverside tie rod is really loose and needs replaced and because of it thee truck was pullin to the right and caused some uneven tire wear. According to the shop the tire wear is not new so the tie rod was probably goin out the door soon and due to the accident it pushed it a little to far. hopefully insurance will coverr the cost for the repair. The new bumper cover got a coat of primer today and as long as everything sticks and doesnt crack it will be painted tomorrow. Guess the shop has had some horror stories of things not sticking to some aftermarket covers so fingers and toes crossed. If all goes well itll be home thursday night looking ******* sweet and driving like normal. I cant take driving this **** pile ford for to much longer!!!

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
sad to hear man, glad every things coming together, hope it all works out with the paint.
too bad your stuck in a ford! this will just make you appreciate your dodge that much more when you get it back

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
You're telling me, the guy at the rental place was talking about getting a new ram to replace mine with and the guy comes back in a ****. I might be giving them a call later on because the brakes feel like **** and studder to a stop.

Oh well...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't wait to see some pics with that bumper cover on your truck. It is going to look sick.

SMKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go see if they have a dodge to swap it with, break something!! lol

I agree that truck is gonna look great when done!

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Its going to be nice when its all said and done. Just hoping I hear good news today from the shop.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make every repair a mod. That's what I always say!

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Everything was covered and the paint is sticking.... Should have it by tomorrow afternoon!!!

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Looks like it wont be done til tomorrow morning. The tie rod was a special order and it wont be put on til later this afternoon. The guy says it looks killer with the bumper cover though.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like it wont be done til tomorrow morning. The tie rod was a special order and it wont be put on til later this afternoon. The guy says it looks killer with the bumper cover though.

Sucks that it will take another day but it will probably be well worth it when you see it with that cover on.

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
you better post up some pics asap, the suspense is killing me

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
What do you think its doing to me? I havent been able to see it yet either!