Replacing Control Arm Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Has anyone had to do this themselves? I think that's what is squeaking on my truck.... I don't have a shop around here that I trust to do it

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im the only mechanic I trust lol, are you talking about the upper or lower control arms on the independent front suspension?

The upper control arms have a ball joint that is not replaceable and when its time to replace the ball joint you will have to buy an entire new upper control arm. These come with the bushings.

As for the lower bushings you can order those through our Sponsor ROCKAUTO, they press out with a press. It will be a bit of a job as the entire front end needs to be disassembled

Last edited:

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Or Spray Them with RUST CHECK and the squeek will go away. The HotRod guys down East spray their undercarriage with that every spring as it Kills the squeeks and is safe for electrical connections.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Or Spray Them with RUST CHECK and the squeek will go away. The HotRod guys down East spray their undercarriage with that every spring as it Kills the squeeks and is safe for electrical connections.

Spraying anything on bushing will only make them deteriorate more.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spraying anything on bushing will only make them deteriorate more.

Sorry, Not with Rust Check! it won't. Don't know if it is Sold in the US though. But I was refering to Humid, Wet Climates, and Thats Likely not Texas!

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry, Not with Rust Check! it won't. Don't know if it is Sold in the US though. But I was refering to Humid, Wet Climates, and Thats Likely not Texas!

Texas has the most humid weather ive ever lived in. Im not familiar with rust check, but if you have polyurethane bushings you should not spray anything on them as it will eat away at the material.

From a few simple google inquires I see that Rust Check is supposed to prevent or stop rust. Why are you recommending a solvent that is for rust prevention :roflsquared:

If you use any grease you should use the kind you fill zerk grease fittings with, they have bushings in which you lube them via zerk fitting. Im referring to the front sway bar bushings.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha Ha..Thankyou for the Info on the Poly Bushings, nipples and assy Lube grease but I didn't deserve the Rolfsquared (You Hurt my Feelings) since Rust check has no VOC's (Solvents) and its main ingredient is Mineral /Baby Type Oils.

The Lady had a squeek and I offered a solution to try before changing out an arm that could still be serviceable. So enough about the Rust check. Bogus Idea compared to the good advice you already gave. Its all Good. Danny.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963