rims vs salt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
Much much better. Keep in mind that you will need to rinse those wheels periodically because there still is machined bare surface that can pit or oxidize. But if thats what you rock solid choice.

OP
OP
Marx

Marx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L, 345 ci MDS
ya i will diffidently wash them
i was also thinking of covering them in plastic dip for the winter for protection, what do you guys think?

bluesmanjesse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I say good call on the rims,as far as salt protection goes, like others have said a backup set of stockers is best but,a good coat of wax is about as good as anything,There's also some stuff us bikers use called Pigspit,it's a detailer spray that you just spray on and leave on,no wiping necessary,I'm planning on giving that a try this winter on my wheels.(they took a beating last winter)

Pigspit.... Pig Spit | The Swine That Shines <-Click the link,lol.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Awesome choice in set-up Man. You might all think I'm Crazy but an Idea I used 20 years ago that worked for me to get through the Ontario salt winters was to get a Tub of wheel bearing grease at C&T and using your fingers apply it to your entire rim surface. after a week or two it will form a nice crust and will darken as the winter goes along. You can touch up any spots that get rubbed. When March rolls around you just wash them off with a spray washer and then wash them again using your favorite cleaner, etc.

OP
OP
Marx

Marx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L, 345 ci MDS
wow those wheels are so much nicer than the rockstars. they look expensive. excellent choice. just be sure to keep them clean and a nice coat of wax on them

there 190 a rim witch is pretty good i think, the rockstars were 230 a rim
i can't wait till the end of the month!!!

thanks for all the suggestions i think i'm gonna go the wax route and just do then now and then, the ontario winters aren't as bad as 10 years ago. I only get 3 months of snow where i am

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
They will look good on your truck man and lots of washing and waxing. Do those rims come with any sort of clear coat?