Rock Auto cheaper than Moog's website?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jersey ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i'm comparing prices of new Moog steering linkage parts between Moog's website and RockAuto's website and Rockauto is like $100 cheaper for all the same part numbers. Does this seem right? I would imagine it would be cheaper buying direct from the source....

I've heard of them before but I've never ordered from Rockauto before, are they a reliable source?

Thanks

rblakes1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I order all my parts from Rock Auto and never had a problem

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i usually order from them a few times a year and no real major issue. all the same stuff you would get from local parts store just cheaper. the only thing you got to watch out for is shipping and getting everything shipped from 1 location but generally if you are work on 1 section like suspention or steering and not mutiple things it is usually pretty easy to get all the parts you want from 1 location.

they also always have a coupon for 5% off
http://www.ramforum.com/f104/rockauto_introduction_discount_code-9338/#post182288

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I get most of my parts from rock auto if it is a planned repair(not needed NOW).
Just watch shipping. I have added an oil filter and had shipping from same loaction jump $8.
I just ordered Moog ball joints and control arms, $9 shipping and had them in 4 days.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Rock Auto is a very reliable source over the years I've ordered from them. Again, be careful on shipping costs when you put the order together.

As far as costing less from the Mfg, Generally most companies don't like to sell cheaper than list price for a number of reasons, specially if it comes close to the suppliers cost. Just leaves a bad taste in the business relationship and sends suppliers elsewhere.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
In my general experience a manufacturer's web site will quote full MSRP on anything they build/sell. They do this to keep their dealer network happy. The retailers buy wholesale and are then free to price as they see fit.

Mike