Rpm gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wiram

wiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 1995
Engine
hemi 5.7, 5.2 318
Well he just did it on a truck today and it solved the issue. He's still going to check it out and see if it's anything else.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Well he just did it on a truck today and it solved the issue. He's still going to check it out and see if it's anything else.

The reason I say find another mechanic because there is NO separate TPS on the 5.7 nor is there any available adjustment of the TPS possible. It is all a part of the Electronic Throttle Control Module. It would take replacing the entire Throttle Body assembly. And even if the TPS has some effect on the Gage Cluster I would be very surprised. Ask your mechanic exactly what he did and describe what he fixed. I would be very interested in what he says.

OP
OP
wiram

wiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 1995
Engine
hemi 5.7, 5.2 318
Your right on the tps on the 5.7 the one he did today was not a 5.7. It had the same symptoms though.

WulfGang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that part of the tach. In the dash? Could I install an aftermarket one? I don't really know anything about this subject.

Yes. IIRC, the tach has 2 chips on the back of it - this is why the whole cluster must be removed to work on it - that have contact points.

The solder, according to this video, points become brittle/hair line cracked and the current is nothing or inconsistent going through it.

Installing an aftermarket one was one of my questions in another thread.

I linked a video of a guy that had installed one. He didn't document how he did. He only states the tach must read "pulse" and be set to "something" which I cannot recall.

So I was looking on summit racing website yesterday. Gonna look at Jegs right now and maybe call them today to find out.

OP
OP
wiram

wiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 1995
Engine
hemi 5.7, 5.2 318
If you do find anything could you let me know. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online