rubbing noise in reverse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i have not found another thread on this and wondering if anyone can help me, or has the same issue. i have a 03 ram hemi and when in reverse sometimes i get a loud rubbing noise... I also have only heard this when its wet out from raining or whatever. It does not sound really like a grinding but more of a rubbing and cannot pinpoint where exactly its coming from it is just pretty damn loud. Grandparents heard it as i backed out of their driveway tonight. Just hoping its nothing serious, and its only when wet and in reverse.. Not every single time.. Im thinking maybe its something when the brakes are wet ? i just had back brakes recently done by a dealership and the front ones were at 20%. any help would be awesome, thanks.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
You might be right on the brakes seeing as they were recently messed with. Sounds like the dealership might not have done the job correctly.