Safe place to drill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgeguy47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge ram
Engine
Hey guys, I have a 05 1500 quadcab. I have a small safe i want to screw/bolt to the floor. i was thinking of doing it under the passenger seat but i dont want to screw thought anything important. Also i dont want rust issues. Can you guys recommend where to screw down under the driver seat and what to apply to the screws to help prevent rust? Thanks.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just figure out where you want to mount it then look under the cab to make sure nothing is under there. Brush on a little bit of primer around the holes after you drill them and use stainless steel nuts and bolts to attach the safe.

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The underfloor wiring is all run near the folds in the sheet metal. As long as there's nothing under the cab you might hit, you should be good.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Why don't you run a steel plate under the seat mounts and screw the safe on the plate?

That way you are not drilling through the underbody, have no exposed fasteners, and no wholes through where rust can wreck havoc on the cab floor.

If you are concerned the steel plate may rust in the cab, mock it up as to where and how it will mount and get it powder coated. Since it is a very small piece it should not cost a lot to get done by a local powder coat shop.

Just an idea.

OP
OP
D

dodgeguy47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge ram
Engine
Man thats a great idea!!!! Im going to try that, ill post pics when its done.