Seafoam???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
It's always good fun. Could do it as school and make it into an activity. lol

Redneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
I run it in the fuel most of the time as a fuel cleaner/stabilizer. I feel I get the most bank for the buck that way. But i have used it in an 88 dak vac system. It did not hurt anything.

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also put it in the brake booster line and let it suck it up. Just like the bottle says I let it suck up x amount until the truck stalled on it's own. Let it set 20 minutes and cranked it up. SMOKE SHOW!!!!! The other half went into the gas tank. Next time I'm going to get some and put in the oil before I change it. Heard it really helps with the sludging these 4.7's are known for.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well hell, I can't wait to make my own little smoke show. Sounds like a great opportunity for a video.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
oh yeah, great smoke show. pull the brake booster vacum line off and add it in slowly. let it die or if it doesnt kill it just shut it off. let it sit for about 20-30 minutes. then start it up. let the smoke show begin. just did it on a ferd 302 last weekend. got a good kick out of it.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like to do it at a walmart parking lot.

Park next to a minivan, and then when the fat lady comes rolling up with her cart full of stuff... fire that sucker up and smoke her out!

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you've got a decent amount of miles on your truck and you've never done it before, it's usually a pretty good show. If you start doing it regularly it tends to be less each time. That's how you can tell it's doing it's job.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I use it about every 3 months or so in the gas tank. Always nervous about putting it in with the oil. I put it in the vaccuume hose but it never did a full smoke show. just farted out a few little puffs and it was done. Putting it in the gas though makes it run a bit better for a while.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wish I had a vid of when I did my '02 5.9. Had about 55k if I remember right. There wasn't even a breeze that day so the smoke just pooled in my backyard. Covered a good 1/2 to 3/4 acre. Check youtube, there's lots of vids of people doing it on there.

blackshadow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have never done it and you have over 50k you will get a good smoke show but the stuff really does work well and if you keep using it the smoke will stop which means that your motor is staying clean.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Good stuff. Last time I did it I had a great smoke show. lol Covered and acre field easy. And helped my find several exhaust leaks I didn't know I had. lol

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
the S10 guys swear on this stuff...basically what it does is dissolve carbon deposits from your combustion chamber...but you have to be really careful in how you use it. You can hydro lock your engine when applying this stuff...you need to change your oil a couple times after doing it too.

The only additives I use on my engines in Berrymans B12 Chemtool. I use it in my fuel tank. I never use oil additives...working for an oil company, I know not to use oil additives.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you see where the guy put it through his brake booster and melted the diaphrams inside the booster? Got to make sure you use the right hose if you are going to have the engine suck it in.