Shakey Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bamajoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2007 Laramie 4x4 quad cab with 132k miles on it. After 2 different sets of tires and 3 front end alignments my truck still shook between 74 and 80mph. I have just put on 4 new tires and rims thinking maybe I had a warped wheel. $1500 later the truck still shakes at above listed speeds. The shop that installed wheels and did a 4 wheel alignment says they checked wheel bearings, ball joints and tie rod ends and everything looked good but it still shakes. Any ideas or cures?

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I have a 2007 Laramie 4x4 quad cab with 132k miles on it. After 2 different sets of tires and 3 front end alignments my truck still shook between 74 and 80mph. I have just put on 4 new tires and rims thinking maybe I had a warped wheel. $1500 later the truck still shakes at above listed speeds. The shop that installed wheels and did a 4 wheel alignment says they checked wheel bearings, ball joints and tie rod ends and everything looked good but it still shakes. Any ideas or cures?

welcome... what tires you running? m/t's ? if so i recommend a roadforce elite alignment.. not a reg road force

OP
OP
B

Bamajoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm running stock size 275/60R20 A/T tires

OP
OP
B

Bamajoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
welcome... what tires you running? m/t's ? if so i recommend a roadforce elite alignment.. not a reg road force

I'm running stock size 275/60R20 A/T tires

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could be a number of things, is your truck lifted or have coil spacers? Is it a 1500? If it's not and you don't have independent front then there is of course the infamous dodge death wobble. Rack/ pinion, blown out struts, the alignment was done bad, sway bar/ bushings/ mounts. Some things to check

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
what brand? I know i tried a different brand and had the shakes at higher speed, had it aligned and re balanced... thought it could be driveline out of balance or even pinion angle but they all checked out...then I happened to be at a buddies house with a spare tire set, so we tried it and the vibes were gone...went back to Longtrail TA's and no more vibes.... recently swapped to 20's with another brand of tires and they were good too...just chalked it up to a bad cheaper tire set...