Shopping List: Front End Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amenges

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
08 1500 5.7 135k miles

Welllll the time has come to throw some money at the truck and see what sticks. Plan on doing a rebuild of the front end here soon. I just want to make sure I have everything in my shopping cart that I will need and see if there are suggestions as to other stuff I should replace while I am at it. So if you have any recommendations or see I am missing something please let me know!

On that note...

(2) Rotors
(2) Calipers
(2) Set Brake Pads
(2) Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly
(2) Outer Tie Rod End
(2) Lower Control Arm
(2) Upper Control Arm
(2) Struts & Coil Springs
(2) Sway Bar End Link
(2) Sway Bar Bushing
(2) Caster/Camber Bolts

Oh and I forgot... does anyone know the sizes of the upper control arm bolts?! I'm hoping I can just pick up some grade 8's and I don't have to get them from the stealership! I cannot find them online to order anywhere... They quoted me $190 for both upper and lower arm bolts.

I remember 2 years ago when I added the front leveling kit how much fun I had trying to get the bolt out of the bottom part of the strut that runs though the LCA, so I'm sure with this list there will be quite a few curse words and energy drink cans thrown out!

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks like you got about everything covered. I had a hard time with the lower control bolt also when we replaced everything on my front end. Had to cut it and get a new one but luckily for me my dad is the parts manager at our local dealership. I'd suggest spraying all the bolts you can a few days before ya plan on doing all this with some pb blaster or something similar to make it a lil easier.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The lower control arm bolts are expensive, so that's probably most of the cost from the dealership.

Rockauto has some pretty good prices on coil springs and struts, or you can get them already pre-assembled, made by Monroe.

OP
OP
A

amenges

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info guys.. I guess I'll bite the bullet and order them from the dealership.. Hopefully spraying all the bolts with some deep creep or pb blaster for a week will help with this job!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got the full front end kit from rockauto. Did brakes recently (plus mine are very different from yours). Be aware the rockauto front end kit does NOT come with sway bar links lol.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Other than the rack an pinion, sway bar end links are still on my to do list up front. When I redid mine I wasn't running the front sway an totally forgot about them

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd put new hubs in it while you're doing everything else. Mine went bad at 130k miles.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Other than the rack an pinion, sway bar end links are still on my to do list up front. When I redid mine I wasn't running the front sway an totally forgot about them

Pissed me off because I have everything back together including the beefier sway bar and no links, hopefully those get here today.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963