Silver's Busy Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
Well I had the day off so I finally decided to fix the exhaust. went to the shop and got to plugs for the rear sensors. sounds way better now. no more exhaust leak lol

next it was onto the sub. it cutout out about a two weeks ago. turned out the wire connecting it just broke off so that was an easy fix.

then i tried to fix the trans gauge. re-grounded it and tightened the sender. still doesnt appear to be working though :( also have a question, the tranny line is resting on a the passenger side header. idk if its causing issues. i have a video of it just waiting for it to upload.

heres a vid of the exhaust :D
th_DSCN0280.jpg

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Sweet , you need more time off to mod anyway .

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds great Nick, and somebody needs to vacuum there truck before next weekend lol

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Nothing should be touching the headers, do you have any idea how hot the trans is running right now? I think you can data log that with the dsp. Anyway see if you can move it away from the header and check the fluid to see if its burnt.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Exhaust sounds good though, still have a slight surge it sounds like. When you getting it tuned?

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Nothing should be touching the headers, do you have any idea how hot the trans is running right now? I think you can data log that with the dsp. Anyway see if you can move it away from the header and check the fluid to see if its burnt.

This is exactly what I was about to say. Those metal trans lines are made to take a little ambient heat, but I wouldn't be surprised if the headers melted a hole through it if left unattended

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Let me go check mine.... the headers are straight right? not off any?

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Wondering if yours are tweaked slightly.... Maybe try a rubber hammer and see if you can "tap" it a little to move it without crinking it

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make a small clearance with a punch and hammer.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
How are you going to heat wrap it if you cant move the line away from them? The way I see it you have a couple options, try to bend the line WITHOUT crimping it tap it with a rubber malet or take a wedge of wood and try to hammer it between the line and header and see if that moves it slightly. Or see if that line can be tightened anymore and maybe that wil move it in enough. OR loosen the header bolts and see if you can adjust the header any to give you a little room, either stick a small piece off wood or some sort of spacer on the line before you tighten the header down. OR loosen the header enough to unscrew the line and take a line bender and rebend it to give you clearance. Or mark the header and remove it and hammer a small dent into it and ssee if that works.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
If all fails maybe a 90 degree elbow fitting in the trans and cut the trans line and install a new end fitting to fit the elbow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio