softer ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004ramrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have a 2004 ram 1500 std cab short bed and it rides like a brick on steel posts. i have removed the OL springs and added lowering shackle. is there not a set of springs that can soften the ride ?
any help ?????:)

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would put the stock shackles back in. I think that would soften the rear a bit.

Other than full custom suspension, I don't think much still soften it up.

When I had my sway bar end links off, it rode really nice.

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My suggestion is new shocks. I also own a RCSB and noticed a stiff ride when I bought it a few years back. It had a leaking shock which needed to be replaced and instead of an OE grade replacement I upgraded to Rancho RS9000 shocks which are adjustable. I picked the middle setting and immediately noticed the ride was softer over rough pavement and bumps, but without a lot of body roll. The advantage is you can fine tune the ride to your liking without replacing shocks. The disadvantage is the ride control is selected with a small knob at the base of the shock, so you have to crawl under the truck to change it.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
New shocks will help I noticed a difference in mines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Softer shocks can help a little, but other than a full on rear suspension overhaul you are not going to get much out of it.

If you are ok with some MPG loss, toss about 5 bags of concrete in the back of the bed close to the tailgate, that will soften it up some.