Spare key was stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
put the toggle on top of the glove box a switch is to easy under the dash
no one is going to think about flipping the glove box down and

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where do i go through the firewall? I believe I have all the materials to do this. Does anyone know where to go through the firewall. I don't see an obvious hole. I hate to drill one, but I have the grommets to do it right if I need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Under the brake booster is a boot. Put it through there

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
here is a thought is put your switch on the non power side and power side of your ignition i only sugest this because if im going to steal a car i have the key to and i turn the key and i get no power im just going to jump the ingition wire to hot and drive off
but if i jump to hot and still have nothing im going to call it quits and go home cause thats to much of a problem for me to deal with tring to figure out why a car should start and wont when its hot and i have the key

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Yep where Ryan said is the best spot. Your harness for the inside goes through it, you might have to put a small cut in it depending on if you have extra stuff already going through it. Great spot for the amp wire and the wideband wire in the future plans for your truck.

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My girlfriends sister had a "plug" of sorts under her dash. If she pulls out the "plug" the truck is basically dead. And if someone does find it there's not much they can do. Considering shell have it with her.

I am interested in finding a plug like this. Anyone know where to get one?

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I say let them steal it and collect the insurance. Maybe next time those ******** won't be so cheap and will pay for the re-key.. jmo

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope. I got a very good deal on it. I love the engine, the color, I love my truck. I don't want to start over looking for another one.

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put a ignition kill switch in. It cost me $7. I don't really need much more. I was a cop for 10 years. If someone who has a key gets in it and uses the key and it does nothing. I don't imagine they will stick around to do much trouble shooting.

chapnutz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
use a momentary switch inline of the starter signal wire, i have one on my car so whenever i start it i reach to the spot push and turn key...this way you wont have to keep flipping a switch back and forth all the time...you could even use other meathods, i've seen rear defoger button as a switch, all this can be done without running wires through the firewall, just use short leads to and from the switch from where you cut the signal wire...mine is in easy reach but you would NEVER find it :)

Last edited: