Speedometer issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rittel18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got an 05 5.7 that I've had for a year and a half. The speedometer went out and a parking/abs light and engine light came on a few months after I bought it. I replaced the speed sensor promptly, but it went out within a week. replaced it, went out again. left it until this summer, and replaced it again. it the parking and abs lights came on about 3 miles down the road, but the speedo worked and engine light never came back on until 3 days ago. now sometimes my speedometer jumps to like 15-30 mph when I'm actually at like 60 mph. it didn't do this the last times that the speed sensor was bad. now it also seems like the Rpms are higher than normal when driving on the hwy and when I'm coasting and break at a stop, the truck kind of jolts. What is going on here?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
..............What is going on here?

Sounds like you got a bad ground and/or wiring chaffing issue. Going to need a applicable schematic and deep dive some wiring. If your electrical troubleshooting skills suck, need to find someone that has them.

Troubleshooting this over the internet and shot gunning parts is going to cost you more in the long run that just getting someone local with skills to have eyes on the problem.

No magic bullet here to solve this.