Spray question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
That brings up how to purg without the fast and furious show? Couldn't you just purg under the truck?

onebadbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
spraying out of the hole is what im doing or i will offset the hole shot and bump it up to a 100 or 125 if i cant get traction out of the hole

with the zex kit it dont engage till 2500 rpm or more or wide open throttle

if you have slicks and good burn out the proper suspension you should be able to hook

now i have heard people spraying about 15 ft out but this really depends on your gearing. i run the 4.56s with a 3400 stall so me grabbing out of the hole is going to be fun . lot of suspension and tire pressure to mess with. if you run 3.92s a 2800 stall and those heavy as 20s i wouldnt worry to much about slipping but it will happen

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
greg..you can pretty much purge wherever you want..now the caveat is, the reason most people purge in full view is to make sure that any air is purged out of the lines (the reason to purge), we purge until we see the nos plume, then we know the next hit will truly be nitrous..

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Go,baby,go!! I'll be surrounded by leo's on thursday . I'll chime in on what they say in Ct.

If I ever even think about getting nitrous I'm going to get a button that says Go, Baby, Go..... that should be like a requirement lol

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
greg..you can pretty much purge wherever you want..now the caveat is, the reason most people purge in full view is to make sure that any air is purged out of the lines (the reason to purge), we purge until we see the nos plume, then we know the next hit will truly be nitrous..

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Just when I spank someone I'd rather have them say WTF happened, than to pass it off as "well he's on gas". Know what I mean??

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
If you have buddies that go to the track with you then just tuck it under the truck and get them to give you a thumbs up when it goes white. You can tuck it by your inner fender so you will have to know where it is to see it but its still loud doing it.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone know if the laws are the same everywhere? I tried finding some info on PA laws but struck out.

Jason, here is what I found out for PA

There are no laws making it illegal for PA safety inspection or emissions inspection.

There is nothing the PA's vehicle coded that states that having nitrous in your vehicle, armed or disarmed, is illegal.

However, many municipalities have their own vehicle code that can be more stringent, and can make nitrous illegal.

I know in my area I would be good because talked with a few people that I know locally that have n2o in there vehicles and have gotten pulled over for other violations and the cops commented about the n2o but did not give tickets and one cop even said that it is legal to run on the street in PA, as long as you are not speeding or racing.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
This so far sounds like easy fun when using 100 - 125 shots. Anyone have a failure?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jason, here is what I found out for PA

There are no laws making it illegal for PA safety inspection or emissions inspection.

There is nothing the PA's vehicle coded that states that having nitrous in your vehicle, armed or disarmed, is illegal.

However, many municipalities have their own vehicle code that can be more stringent, and can make nitrous illegal.

I know in my area I would be good because talked with a few people that I know locally that have n2o in there vehicles and have gotten pulled over for other violations and the cops commented about the n2o but did not give tickets and one cop even said that it is legal to run on the street in PA, as long as you are not speeding or racing.

That is good info, I would have thought for sure that it would have been illegal to have it in your truck on the street. Not that I intend on ever using it on the street if I get it, just good to know that it doesn't always need to get pulled out after a trip to the track.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
See here, if its in your vehicle you are fine, its just that you cannot be able to arm it ffrom the drivers seat (well unless you hide a remote bottle opener switch), thats where you can get in trouble.

I find this hillarious:
one cop even said that it is legal to run on the street in PA, as long as you are not speeding or racing
If you are spraying it, you're either speeding or racing

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw wire the switch into your tow haul button no one would look there. Put that button some where else.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Go,baby,go!! I'll be surrounded by leo's on thursday . I'll chime in on what they say in Ct.

I dunno how I did it , but I couldn't remember the ******* question today!! I got some numbers but I think I'll e-mail the dept. of motor vehicles guy tomarrow. He will have an answer for me. What a frigging ****** I am. I'd forget my ass if it wasn't attached.lol.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Do what I do take notes.... lol

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
out here in Cali you can have it...but just not connected while on the street... i know my brother in law got pulled (for speeding) over a few months ago with his bottle still in the bed of the truck, he said the chp officers walked slowly past the bottle in the bed and looked at it (I guess to check if it was connected)... he didn't get cited for anything..lucky him... did i ever show you this vid the very first time i tried nitrous? you'll notice on the purge that the first one showed more air then nitrous so we hit it again to make sure we have a plume...

YouTube - NOS test run

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
..oh, on a side note..we said on dr's and slick that it will be ok..notttt... still spun while at the track... so I made some suspension changes and added drag shocks to see if this helps the spinning

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
That is some sick ****!........

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Update: I sent this joker for the dept. of Motor Vehicles. An e-mail. This guy should know if it's legal or not in Ct. He is the 1st leutenant. I guess thats pretty high up.lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn