Squeaking Front Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riod34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased a 2007 RAM 1500 4.7L on Oct 31.. it has less than 92K miles and I am the 2nd owner.. recently, I have been hearing a squeaking noise when I hit bumps of any size.. primarily coming from the front.. it sounds like a cross between a squeak and chirpping..

No unusual wearing on the tires and the alignment is right on.. no clicking or rubbing noise which may indicate an issue with brakes or ball joints or bearings.. I do believe the rotors are a little warped as the brake pedal shakes when applying at speeds exceding 40MPH..

I'm going to take the tires off and examine the shocks this weekend.. I have sprayed WD-40 around the suspected area to no avail..

OP
OP
R

riod34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks.. guess I will take it in to the dealer.. I bought a standard warranty through Zurich.. ball joints are listed under suspension..

If you have any other thoughts, please share.. Thanks again for the quick reply.

98sporttj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L
my lower strut bushings sqeaked for a while but then they quit... could be cause my truck sat for a year on a dealer lot

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Control Arm Bushing are the biggest problem with the dodge trucks. Look to see if the rubber is cracking or missing all together. If it is up grade to polyurethane set and your truck will handle better to.

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a 2012 and I hear the some suspension noise on cold mornings. Once things get worked in a little bit it goes away.

zoomin0074

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
strut mounts also squeak over bumps.. Spay silicone or white lithium on the rubber parts one by one and see if that stops your squeaks.