Started some installs....did not finish(pics!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Did and started some installs today. Its been a lonnnnngggg day.

ATS Dual CPS kit(DB truck customs)
Mean Green Alt(DB truck customs)
AirDogII 165 with sump mod(DB truck customs)

While I was at it noticed the water pump bearing was a little loose so got a new one($50 at NAPA!)

Then Noticed that the T-stat seal may have been leaking. Replaced that ($20 with new stat NAPA)

Got some of the CP3 install done. Getting these OEM fuel lines off is a HUGE PITA. And the ATS instructions kinda suck(not horrible but could be better).

Got some of the AirDogII kit installed(waiting to finish the CP3 to finish the AirDog). The tank sump mod did not go as well as I hoped but it should all be alright.

Pics:
Mean Green
IMG_0811.jpg
water pump
IMG_0812.jpg
AirDogII
IMG_0816.jpg
took the fins down on the sump
IMG_0805.jpg
end result
IMG_0817.jpg
truck pee for CP3 install
IMG_0809.jpg
tank out, so much fun
IMG_0806.jpg
tons of room now....
IMG_0807.jpg
CP3s(im getting there)
helper not so happy
IMG_0813.jpg
IMG_0814.jpg
Helper little project. Built frame rails for his jeep XJ, going to be a half buggy.
IMG_0810.jpg
IMG_0808.jpg

thanks for checking in. and big thanks to Dave and DB Truck Customs for the parts!

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
lookin good man! Keep it up, lookin forward to the seein the results of the final install

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Thanks guys. Hope I can finish it up today. Otherwise it will be next weekend I think.

I just want to say how nice it is to find the ONE cheap CTD part. The water pump! Still could not believe it was only $50. If I recall right my 98 360ci gas's water pump was like three times that.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I just want to say how nice it is to find the ONE cheap CTD part. The water pump! Still could not believe it was only $50. If I recall right my 98 360ci gas's water pump was like three times that.

I had to change mine out a couple months ago and thought the same thing, lol, it was awesome.

Did you take it through where the alternator is? Or did you do what the general population says and through the radiator fan assy?

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I had to change mine out a couple months ago and thought the same thing, lol, it was awesome.

Did you take it through where the alternator is? Or did you do what the general population says and through the radiator fan assy?

well two things. One is yeah I kept the alt out to help out but two I also have the efan so I had a bit more room. I may have been able to do it with the alt in but I dunno.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Yea, makes sense. I want to get an efan here sometime soon but we will see. I just took out the alternator and went through that way, it wasn't hard at all. Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
thanks but if I dont get it all in today im going to be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed off. having issues with the fuel lines, and we lost a socket....... the entire new CP3 system has to come back out. and now im getting a late start.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Damn man that's super sweet! Air dog 165, twin CP3's...So i take it you plan on doing a big fat single or twins with 120+ HP sticks??

So what's the purpose of that sump kit? I have a FASS 150 that needs to go in and was figuring if that sump was necessary.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I stole this from a friend in the Marine Corps, but it's stuck and I kinda live by it now...

"If it goes together right the first time, you did something wrong. So you will end up taking it apart again anyways. So don't get frustrated when it doesn't go as planned right away."

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Damn man that's super sweet! Air dog 165, twin CP3's...So i take it you plan on doing a big fat single or twins with 120+ HP sticks??

So what's the purpose of that sump kit? I have a FASS 150 that needs to go in and was figuring if that sump was necessary.

sump mod just allows the pump to pull more fuel and also keeps you from getting the 1/4 tank issue. And thanks, and ill start with a bigger single then slap a second one in at a later point. Im just getting the support mods done for now so have not decided on a turbo(s) or injectors yet. But I hope to go big. :)

I stole this from a friend in the Marine Corps, but it's stuck and I kinda live by it now...

"If it goes together right the first time, you did something wrong. So you will end up taking it apart again anyways. So don't get frustrated when it doesn't go as planned right away."

tanks is back up. dident have the proper fitting to attach the lines on the engine side of the airdogII so ill be trying to get with airdog tomorrow and hope to finish it up next weekend. God I hope everything is hooked up right and I dont destroy two CP3 and my injectors! ugh so stressed.ds

Also have to give a big thanks to Dave and DB Truck Customs for the tech help and getting my head back on straight. Some times you just need to take a couple steps back and come back at it fresh.

Also ATS directions SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK ASS

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
good luck with the rest of install bud, its all a learning exprience :p

thats what I told myself after I fukkened up my circuit boards in my door switches after a ****y attempt of soldering new leds in... -_-

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
yeah I just really dont want to have that I ****** up moment that cost me WAY to much ******* money. I like to learn....but not on this install.....

BTW LOVE the new sig Cody! super bad ass.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah I just really dont want to have that I ****** up moment that cost me WAY to much ******* money. I like to learn....but not on this install.....

BTW LOVE the new sig Cody! super bad ass.

yeah there is a BIG difference in my window switches and your stuff you have going on lol fingers crossed for ya.

thanks man! johnny does brilliant work! I love it too lol gonna try to get a picture that shows the truck off a little better but for right now I love it! he did such a awesome job lol

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
got a lot more done but it does not show too much since I had to take one step back to go two steps forward. but I snapped a couple more pics. Note: things are not cleaned up yet some I have some wire and hose routing to do.
tanks back up and strapped in. Im going to build a bolt on shield to help protect the airdog and filters.
IMG_0822.jpg
IMG_0821.jpg
IMG_0818.jpg

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
What about the customer service on a Sunday afternoon ... LOL

Ya we dont just sell parts .

Looking good buddy !