? for those with oem Daytona body kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
EDIT: Figured it out........

Asking for some help please...
The daytona/hemisport/rumble bee body kit. What size of, and how many self tapping screws are needed/ used to mount the bed accent kit? Can anyone maybe even take a couple pics of how they mount from the back side. How many actual holes have to be put into the truck its self? And the daytona/hemi sport steps under the qc doors, are they attached with only the brackets, or are there self tapping screws used?

I have a brand new complete body kit coming but it doesn't include the self tapping screws, I would like to buy what I need before it arrives to prepare.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sounds awesome, I'm sure someone will be along with the answer for ya :)

OP
OP
S

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
well, I guess never mind,

the kit showed up and it was pretty self explanatory, this is just a mock up before paint. Still have to cut and trim on the rear bumper piece so it will fit my roll pan, big PITA that is, its gonna take a little bit... So it'll be a week or two before I get the paint done.... hopefully.

A PIC } if any one is interested in the mock up, the parts in this pic were still loose, everything is tight and in place now, 32 freakin holes drilled later.. sheesh!. I'll probly sport it like this for a minute..... won't be to long before it all comes off for paint though. I know there are mixed emotions out there about the Daytona kit but I really do love it. At some point though I my make my own pieces for under the doors since honestly, while I do like the step I would prefer it be more like the 2 door Daytona or Bee gfx.

Attachments

• dodge ram oct 2011 gfx 002.jpg
    dodge ram oct 2011 gfx 002.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 6,563

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
looks good, im getting roll pan and custom exhaust next spring, truck is already in storage for winter, let us know how you attached the rear valance to the roll pan with pics if you can, so i got an idea of what im getting into

OP
OP
S

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
Thanks evryone for the compliments:)

looks good, im getting roll pan and custom exhaust next spring, truck is already in storage for winter, let us know how you attached the rear valance to the roll pan with pics if you can, so i got an idea of what im getting into

I just got finished with the roll pan this after noon. Alot of what you need to do is going to depend on the pan you buy. Unfortunately, I didnt bother to take any pics of what I did but I can describe it for you. And take pics as an example for what you can do when your ready.

Be prepared to cut the top off the valance, I see no other way to do it. I cut mine by hand with a razor blade with an aluminum bar clamped to the valance to keep the cuts perfect. You slowly score your way through it. A dremal will just melt it , and any kind of saw I think is too risky, its a slow process.

Also there are some gussets molded into the back side of the valance, they need to be removed. Once your done cutting this thing up its just a floopy mess., you have to reinforce it, no biggie, I used 1" by 1/8 aluminum bar cut and drilled it to fit along the inside of the bottom of the valance and used some stainless button head screws. I ran the aluminum bar into the joint that goes into the side pieces behind the tires. The plastic pop ins that hol the rear together have to go. For this I used some stainless fender washer and a tapered head alan head screw for a solid and relatively flush joint. It being on the bottom of my white (silver gfx) truck you can't see it. Your truck being black, I don't know.

I didn't reuse any of the hardware that belongs to it. I made all my own and it now uses the lower 2 licence plate holes in the roll pan for mounting. There is simply nothing else for me to brace it too.

I used some aluminum angle for this. Two pices of angle creat a C channel when butted together. when overlaped you can make it slightly adjustable in and out if you slot the pieces. one half bolts to the roll pan plate holes, and the other to the 2 holes in the valance.

Thats reall all there was to it. The biggest part is being as meticulous as possible with your cuts on the valance as they are exposed.

Does any of that make sense? :crazy:

I'll get you some pics of what I did, give you a better idea. Give me a few days. I have to get my garage cleaned up tonight. Tommorrow I get my new tires put on and an alignment, then I have to go out of town for work. I suppose you have till next spring so I have time.. LOL!!

But for now here is how it looks. It still needs some fine tuning but its pretty solid. I will be making some adjustments to my bracket but its good till I pull it all back off or paint.

Attachments

• dodge ram oct 2011 gfx 005.jpg
    dodge ram oct 2011 gfx 005.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 405
  • dodge ram oct 2011 gfx 007.jpg
    dodge ram oct 2011 gfx 007.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 2,471

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks apreciate it that looks great cant wait til i get mine done

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
thats f'n awesome

DIPPIN04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dont mean to dig up an older thread but where did you get your hands on a brand new kit? ive been lookin everywhere for the kit for my 04 reg cab n no luck.