Thunder road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtydan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello everyone,

I have seen a couple treads about the Ram Thunder Road edition, however no positive answers on what it is. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram ThunderRoad Edition. I've heard it comes with factory 20 inch wheels, bedliner, fiberglass bedcover, 392 gears, and a tow hitch. The only thing weird I have noticed is it has an all-wheel drive t-case and driveline and obviously the badges. So someone please tell me what the thunder road edition is and how rare it actually is. I attached a picture of my rig. THANKS!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 119

Colin_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know **** about it but that's a good looking truck man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thunder Road edition is identical to the Lone Star or Big Horn editions. It was the regional branding for one of the most common packages. Thunder Road means it came from the north. Big Horn was from the south. Lone Star was Texas. Nothing crazy. I don't believe the cover was default included in the package, but could easily have been a dealer option.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not much more rare than a slt

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Thunder Road edition is identical to the Lone Star or Big Horn editions. It was the regional branding for one of the most common packages. Thunder Road means it came from the north. Big Horn was from the south. Lone Star was Texas. Nothing crazy. I don't believe the cover was default included in the package, but could easily have been a dealer option.
Do you mean that the other way around? I've only ever seen Big Horn on lots in PA and WI (north)

The only difference I could see between my buddies 06 2500 thunder road and another friends 06 2500 Big Horn was wood grain trim.

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as I know the big horn was the south. I don't know what their dividing line was. I know they sell big horn in Oklahoma too because you see a lot of them on autotrader when you increase the radius where I'm at in north Texas.

Maybe Thunder Road was only ohio valley and east northeast.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Like said above. It's just a package .... nothing overly special.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I'm from Ohio, I've never even heard of the thunder road, but we are crawling with big horns around here

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea I don't think any came factory with the fiberglass cover unless ordered, but the rest of the options sound right. There's some thunder roads around my area but probably more big horns. Good looking truck tho!

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's what I found on it...

"The Thunder Road package is a value group offered from Dodge, much like the Big Horn Edition, or Lone Star Edition.
Thunder Road package is a option with the SLT trim package includes: Sliding rear window, 17" Polished forged aluminum wheels, fog lights, trailer tow hitch, tow hooks, Sirius satelite radio, and of course the Thunder Road badges. These trucks are available only in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast business centers."

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
The Thunder Road also came with 20 inch wheels on the two wheel drive in 2005.I had a recall on the air bag and the dealer used the vin number the dealer it was sent to new was in Florida if that means anything.Alot of people I have read about thought the Thunder road just came with the 5.7 but it was built with both .