Tie rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Went into the shop for an alignment, and it turns out the passanger tie rod has some wear on it. The mechanic said its not in critical yet, but just to keep an eye on it. With that I asked the cost for labor and he said around $350 because they can't do just one of the tie rods, they'd have to do them all...

Now I'm no expert with suspension work, but is that right? If so, could someone point me in the right direction for some good tie rods?

Thanks

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hmm, I think that's right because if you just replace one, then it's goin to wear right back out again, so you might as well do em all. As for gettin them, I'd check Rock Auto

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you do them your self and then just get it close enough straight, you'll save about $250, then just drive to them and get them to do the alignment. It only takes about 20 minutes a side.

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!!

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Good idea...I'm gonna go ahead and order a leveling kit with it so I could knock it all out at once. There's definitely gonna be some bonding time with the truck this weekend lol

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hahaha yup!

[ tapatalkin ]

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hey is your truck included in tie rod recall? Check on that first!

$miley

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I went to the dealership and they told me it wasn't the actual tie rod, but a bracket on the tie rod. So I'm gonna go have that installed tomorrow...the original owner did bother getting it done I guess lol