Time for a hid refit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I had a string of so-so luck so far, and this falls right into the so-so column. it seems the relay from the battery is bleeding voltage to the nearest hid from the battery........with everything off I have a faint ''flicker'' in one of the headlights.So I pull the fuse until I need the truck ....trouble is I use the truck at night ,every night.....wtf.

Thinking of **** canning the hid's for silverstars and go with the oem harness......then again if it's just a ****** relay.....then i should try that out first......problem is the weather........pulling plastic crap in cold weather is asking for trouble imo..........I need warmer weather and some patients.....and I have very little of both......
any ideas??:pp:

icywhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
try the retrofit souce (trs) they will have everything you need and quility parts

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
order a 35 watt set from Jeremy and come on down and we get it all fixed up

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Try a new relay.

Use a heat gun to warm the plastic(not melt it).

Use your drink of choice to offset the weather. :slap:

yep....sounds like the plan.....sorry Matt, but If the relay doesn't cut it. I'll buy them cheap autozone fukkers and use the oem harness.....bottom line when i want **** to work with a switch.......it should go on with one switch of the switch........not on/off/on........go out and check.....off/on.......sound familiar to anyone??:crazy:

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Try a new relay.

Use a heat gun to warm the plastic(not melt it).

Use your drink of choice to offset the weather. :slap:

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about the plastic relay.....it's the plastic on the back of the head lamp that pops into place on the fender...........

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Problem is you are using a relay harness with the Dodge. You will need to get a Mopar Specific Relay harnes. It will stop the flickering and the any other problems you will have. The problem stems from the Can-Bus system we have on our trucks and cheap kits not addressing them. Here is a link for the harness: Mopar Specific HID Relay Harness

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Problem is you are using a relay harness with the Dodge. You will need to get a Mopar Specific Relay harnes. It will stop the flickering and the any other problems you will have. The problem stems from the Can-Bus system we have on our trucks and cheap kits not addressing them. Here is a link for the harness: Mopar Specific HID Relay Harness

That sounds like the trouble I have regularly.......(after turn on.....flickering, then you hit the switch again turn off, then on then everything is fine.)
but will this new harness solve the bleed thru that I'm getting now?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Yes it will cure all the problems. Make sure you contact Jeremy first and let him know just what you have so he can make sure you get the correct harness. There are actually 3 different ones. One for just a Hi/Low bixenon bulb. One for a complete projector refit, and one for a fog refit. Jeremy will know just which one you will need.

Plus the quality of the harness is extremely good.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7

I do have the retro shop harness........(unless this is an upgrade from 2011)

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Yes it will cure all the problems. Make sure you contact Jeremy first and let him know just what you have so he can make sure you get the correct harness. There are actually 3 different ones. One for just a Hi/Low bixenon bulb. One for a complete projector refit, and one for a fog refit. Jeremy will know just which one you will need.

Plus the quality of the harness is extremely good.

cool, I can wait a bit then.....freaking weather is too dam,n cold and WAY too long........we usually get single didgits at night for a week mebbe 2, but extended since a january thaw....sux, plain an simple

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
well......Bill - what you've got is different than what I sell now.

I don't sell the halogen high kits anymore. Just bixenon. And the new harnesses.........won't cut it on that, totally different setup.

Try swapping out that relay and let me know where that goes man.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
well......Bill - what you've got is different than what I sell now.

I don't sell the halogen high kits anymore. Just bixenon. And the new harnesses.........won't cut it on that, totally different setup.

Try swapping out that relay and let me know where that goes man.

Ok Wanna pm me the details.....To ship one out? I already know what I'll get if I go to the auto parts stores without the part in hand, which I don't wanna do til it warms up.....in the mean time I can get one from you. with payment of course,:********:

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Well problem solved. Headlights are back on in all the brilliance. The mechanic at werk had a few relays in the drawer..........Turns out the fog relay and headlamp relay were both toast. I wrapped them both in a plastic baggy and zip tied them shut.........hope I get a few more years off them. So watch yer relays after a few years i guess.