Trans filter brand preference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What brand for trans filters do you guys use?

I've always heard good things about WIX, but recently read stuff on some Cummins forums stuff that wasn't so good.

Also, I'd rather use a gasket, have any of you used gaskets, if so, which brands?

Thanks y'all.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Honestly, I would recommend spending the extra coin and getting genuine MOPAR OEM transmission filters. Too many of the aftermarket stuff is just re-boxed and relabeled Chinese stuff with varying quality levels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotcha.. I recently got a rockauto gift card, and they don't sell mopar filters, so I was hoping one of them would be reputable, but I guess I'll just wait on that then.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Gotcha.. I recently got a rockauto gift card, and they don't sell mopar filters, so I was hoping one of them would be reputable, but I guess I'll just wait on that then.

Do not take this as gospel but from what I remember researching, is that there is only one company left in the USA that makes the transmission pan flat filters that MOPAR sources from. All the other the other companies like WIX, FRAM ...etc, get their filters under contract from outside sources and just re-boxes them. The spin on internal can filter may or may not come from a USA source unless you get the MOPAR one and it is a USA made filter.

Not saying you would not get a decent filter from the other brands, just they are sometimes a unknown until you open the box. With MOPAR OEM, the premium is worth the cost for a know quality IMHO.