Transfer case swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepinjk

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 jeep jk
Engine
Ok, I have searched and searched and become more frustrated then anyhting. Right now I am looking at picking up a 3rd gen (I dont own one yet). But I am in the process of doing research. I know not much can be done with the 1500 because of the IFS front end (throws my 1ton swap idea out) but I was considering the transfer case. Is there any Tcase that is easily changeable without spending tons of cash an option? Forgive me but I am a jeep guy. Taking parts from other models of vehicles was easy and heavily researched.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
What are you looking to do with the truck? Im guessing your keeping the Jeep to crawl with and the truck will be for just time to time crawling or what? The trucks are pretty good on T-cases, I know mine has seen heat and held up good.

OP
OP
J

jeepinjk

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 jeep jk
Engine
the truck will be a just a fun truck. Maybe some offroading, but nothing serious. I just want to make sure its a tough setup.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I do 4lo racing in the sand and it sees stress and knock on wood have not had an issue. I would be more worried about racking the drive shafts or having a ball joint issue.