Transmission slipping!!! Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xboblarsonx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 dodge ram 2500
Engine
5.9 cummins turbo diesel
Hello, I have been following forums for a while now and decided to finally join. I have just purchased an 03 2500 4x4 with a 5.9 cummins engine. I bought it and had no problems. I bought a bully dog triple dog power pup and programmed the box to the truck. Shortly after programming the ecm/pcm, my transmission has started to "stick" in first and second gear. It will rev all the way up to 3500 rpms and will not shift until I let my foot off the gas, then It will finally shift. After it gets into 3rd gear, it will shift fine. It feels as if the programmer is giving the engine too much power for the trans to handle in lower gears. I've even removed low end power and programmed again, no change. I even removed the tune and returned to stock with no change. I've owned an 08 with the 6.7 and never had this issue. If someone could shed some light on the situation, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!