Truck Security for your Dodge Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wanted to bring this site to peoples attention, it has several different devices to protect your truck from theft and break in.

I just ordered a Punch Plug for my driver door since someone tried to break into it. I don't work for them in any kind of way, just sharing this.

Vehicle Security and Theft Prevention Devices

My lock was damaged from a screwdriver, The PunchPlug™ replaces the lock, removing the temptation to attack it!

12.95 shipped to my door! :party28:

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not to play devils advocate, because I do like the idea, but what happens if the battery dies in your key fob?

Gardenfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Replace the battery, or call someone like me, who will have it open faster than you can blink.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not to play devils advocate, because I do like the idea, but what happens if the battery dies in your key fob?

I use a viper alarm system anyways, charges via USB cable.

In fact, my key hole was like this when I bought the truck, so I haven't used the key lock once. It seems cheaper and safer to go this route then order a new lock mechanism.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Replace the battery, or call someone like me, who will have it open faster than you can blink.

i need to learn how to do that my gf locks her keys inside her charger all the time

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Yea you should share, do you use a home made tool (clothes hanger) or the real deal jimmi tool?

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am going to get a remote start/alarm.

Good luck, im still getting all the bugs worked out on my viper. Stupid led tail lights are sending the system errors right now, might have to dump the led tails and put stockers back in.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Jimmi Jammer is a great investment to do as going under the handle is one of the common break in methods that i have read on the forum(s)
I never got one but my truck had been broken in twice and both methods were going under the handle.

Reason why i ended up shaving the handles off.

Got_Hemi44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jimmi Jammer is a great investment to do as going under the handle is one of the common break in methods that i have read on the forum(s)
I never got one but my truck had been broken in twice and both methods were going under the handle.

Reason why i ended up shaving the handles off.

This. I put jimmy jammers on as well.

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
I have a 110lb German Shepherd ;)

.... And an aftermarket alarm for when I'm not home. :)

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update: I installed this a week ago, here it is installed. However my door handle still pulls away from the door since the metal is tweaked underneath. Any ideas? Im thinking maybe some trim or molding, it would look out of place though is my only worry.

IMG_3222.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963