truck started with no tranny pan on or filters :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that is a tough one...it is in so tight you snapped an extractor in it and now you can't drill it out because of the extractor. If i was in your position i would think i was ****** on that one.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im going to try to drill around it with some small HSS bits and see if I can shatter it out of there. I might make a DIY tutorial out of this lol

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
You never mentioned an easy out? Is that the the same as an extractor? An easy out screws into the existing screw in an outward fashion. removing the bolt as it drills. These are virtually fool proof. But they have a copyright. It must say easyout!. anything else , well will prolly fail. If all else fails grind drill ,retap and be done with it. As for damage on a 6 sec run? uh, not a chance, there was no way temps could run high enough too create wear. High heat kills mechanics nothing else. Ya can runa motor on no oil longer than that, and come away a winner. but let's not go there lol.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used a Black and Decker bolt extractor, it broke off inside the tranny bolt. Now I am left with one broken head with a peice of bolt extractor that I cant drill out.

Is there a very strong bit that cuts through anything?

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Yes! carbide. You need too grind flat then try the drill out. I miss printed earlier. It is called an easy out/ drill out. Sorry for that . But it can and has been done before. without question.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452