Truck won't go into gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick m

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 05 ram won't go into gear just had filters changed 161000 miles and now it won't move anyone know why .

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might have to drop the pan to see if the old filters gasket came off. Double gasket, if I remember correctly, can cause this issue. Possibly the new gasket is not seated properly as well.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Check the fluid level.

Do this first

Might have to drop the pan to see if the old filters gasket came off. Double gasket, if I remember correctly, can cause this issue. Possibly the new gasket is not seated properly as well.

Then if the fluid level isn't the case, the pan needs to come off. I assume since you said "had the filters changed" and not "I changed the filters" that it was done by someone else. Common problem is that people can't get the rigid o-ring for the big filter out or don't know any better and try to jam the new one in on top of it (see the arrow on the left).

6.jpg