Is it a true TRX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt.ferguson439

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys!

Just bought my first truck (finally). It's a 2008 Dodge 1500 SXT Quad Cab 4X4 apparently with the TRX4 package. Runs great and is in fairly good cosmetic shape too.

I am confused a little bit about the TRX4 aspect. As I bought this truck used, I didn't get the full list of tech specs on it and I can't seem to find much consistent info on the TRX package. I see three distinct stickers relating to this - "TRX", "TRX4", and "TRX4 Off-Road". It appears that the straight up TRX is on a two-wheel drive truck and the TRX4 is on a 4X4.

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the "TRX4" and "TRX4 Off-Road" or is it just different generations of the same thing? Also, it doesn't seem to have any special off-road sort of stuff. As far as I gather, this package should have some add-ons.

One more thing - I live in Canada so I don't know if that plays a factor in this too.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Hey guys!

Just bought my first truck (finally). It's a 2008 Dodge 1500 SXT Quad Cab 4X4 apparently with the TRX4 package. Runs great and is in fairly good cosmetic shape too.

I am confused a little bit about the TRX4 aspect. As I bought this truck used, I didn't get the full list of tech specs on it and I can't seem to find much consistent info on the TRX package. I see three distinct stickers relating to this - "TRX", "TRX4", and "TRX4 Off-Road". It appears that the straight up TRX is on a two-wheel drive truck and the TRX4 is on a 4X4.

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the "TRX4" and "TRX4 Off-Road" or is it just different generations of the same thing? Also, it doesn't seem to have any special off-road sort of stuff. As far as I gather, this package should have some add-ons.

One more thing - I live in Canada so I don't know if that plays a factor in this too.

How are the decals placed on the back? Should be one or the other, they're different trim levels.

OP
OP
matt.ferguson439

matt.ferguson439

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How are the decals placed on the back? Should be one or the other, they're different trim levels.

Here's a photo of the quarter panel. They're aligned quite well so in theory they are factory decals. However, I don't have any skid plates underneath nor to I appear to have any of the other upgrades around the truck as far as I can see.

Attachments

• 20160523_183500.jpg
    20160523_183500.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 76

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Here's a photo of the quarter panel. They're aligned quite well so in theory they are factory decals. However, I don't have any skid plates underneath nor to I appear to have any of the other upgrades around the truck as far as I can see.
They're in the proper place and the wheels are correct, but skid plates should be there too. I wonder if previous owner was converting an SXT 4x4 over to a TRX4 and decided to let it go mid process.

OP
OP
matt.ferguson439

matt.ferguson439

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They're in the proper place and the wheels are correct, but skid plates should be there too. I wonder if previous owner was converting an SXT 4x4 over to a TRX4 and decided to let it go mid process.

Could very well be. It isn't the end of the world for me if it isn't the TRX4 but it's nice to know...

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
It could also be a box from another truck. Does the rest of the truck have any rust?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Google "dodge equipment listing", put in your VIN, and see what the original factory build sheet says :)

Edit: Here's the link Equipment Listing. Just click on Equipment listing on the left hand side, and throw your VIN in.