Trying to install bull bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BUT I am stuck at removing the center bumper filler panel. I dont know how to remove the rivets. anyone have an idea>?

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
stick a flathead screw drive on either side under the rivet cap and pop it out. they make a tool for those plastic push rivets but 2 screw drivers work just as well.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They use a philips head screwdriver, but they usuallu just stripped out. I used a pair of wire cutters and just cut them off when I took the insert out when installing my vararam

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
I removed mine a Looong time ago, but can offer some advice. If they are plastic rivets you can drill em out, but will have to install new ones either special plastic ones with Spl Rivet Gun (I have one) or the staggered edge push Tab ones. If it is push tab ones you can push them out slightly from behind if accessable just enough to get some 90 degree needlenose or side cutters under the head and pry them out (carful not to cut em off with side cutters). Option two reef hard on it till the whole panel comes out (bull in china shop method).

Show some Pics of the final install.

EDIT::: Didn't see the other Posts.....

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
They use a philips head screwdriver, but they usuallu just stripped out. I used a pair of wire cutters and just cut them off when I took the insert out when installing my vararam

thats what I did on my 08 when I installed my Vararam as well. Those plastic things pissed me off...........

I cut them off, and then shortly after I traded the truck in. I put little christmas tree trim things back in it to hold it in.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I took mine out to install my brush bar , when i had her all cut out and re installed i used some fancy chrome bolts to put it back in . Those clips are junk .

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I must have had differant clips on my sport bumper than all you guys did cuz my pop right out. i can do it with my pocket knife just as quick too.

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys. My uncle got there and popped them off with a flathead and then installed the bull bar for me in about 20 minutes. So much for my fun project :/ I'll post up some pics later