turn signal query.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Only had the 07 for a month or so. For the most part I'm lovin it - exept for two things.

1) I expected 10 - 12 mpg in town, but only get 8-10, and that is driving like my granny (and she's dead!) OTOH - it is a hemi - and I can't complain too much. Have reset the TB and pcm - no joy.

2) The turn signals drive me nuts. Is there any type of potentiometer or adjustment for the sensitivity? I can be driving in the left traffic lane, getting ready for a left turn in an upcoming left turn lane. I put on the left turn signal, and ever so easily drift over into the left turn lane. As I straighten out to approach the intersection - the signal cancels! Been driving 40+ years and have never had signals that touchy:) Little thing? - yes. Annoying? - YES:)

Any suggestions?

TIA

john
2007 Ram Quad Cab Hemi 4x4

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How many miles are on your truck? You should be getting a little better mileage. Have you changed you plugs and kept up with routine maintenance? That can effect your fuel mileage.

As far as the turn signal, I have not Idea.

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
mileage sounds pretty low... i get better than that with 35's and a lead foot... have you changed your plugs recently?
my blinkers arent that sensitive- they are some of the nicest ones i've ever used, they have a nice intermetiate position for changing lanes, etc where you dont want to lock the signal on

maybe you need to beat your truck a little more to ''clean it out''

OP
OP
J

jmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
mileage info....

How many miles are on your truck? You should be getting a little better mileage. Have you changed you plugs and kept up with routine maintenance? That can effect your fuel mileage.

I've had it a month (and done no maintenance) - with 18k currently on the clock. OTOH - it was a dealership "certified" vehicle - so I'm sure any "obvious" problems were addressed (or not:)???

maybe you need to beat your truck a little more to ''clean it out''

Sounds like a plan to me:):)

john

blackshadow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my truck works great the turns signals work just fine and I get 14 to 16 in town and 22 when I go to pa on the interstate. so I have no complaints