turning issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So i jacked the truck up in the front cause ive been having issues with turning.
Basically when i make a full lock turn going either way my front end will shift. So i tested the tie rods and they feel brand new. No play in any tire, not even a little bit. So i started looking around and could it possibly be the sway bar links that cause this?
Also when i turn i hear popping sounds either way. I think this week im gonna take the outer tie off and test what the inners feel like. Im getting really close to ordering everything for my suspension build. Just trying to figure out what all i might need to replace.
Keep in mind i currently have a 1.5in spacer in the front.

Thanks
Nick.

mcamzr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Jus a thought but do you have 20 rims on a truck that didn't come with them. That is exactly what happens when someone adds 20 to a truck. The stock 20 truck has a different steering box in it.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
One thing you might want to check is the alignment tabs on both sides. Mine had a pop and odd feeling after I installed the headers and the tabs were gouging into the header. Trimmed it and it went away.

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This was way before the headers. It feels like the whole front end will shift forward and to.the direction im turing. Its weird. And i have the stock 17s on 245 70 17

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
sounds like it could be the tie rods. im no expert though lol

thats what i thought, but they have zero play in them. Im thinking im gonna order my lowering shackle and take that spacer out and see if that fixes the problem.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the popping noise sound like it's coming from the rear end? If so then it's the sway bar links. That's what happened to my truck, when I turned it sounded like the rearend was popping but it actually was the sway bar links and the noise just travels thru the body of the truck and makes it sound like it's coming from the rearend.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the same noise and feeling in my truck, I have replied everything but the sway bar links and cv axles, I'm positive it's the sway bar links bc I doubt it's the axles making the noise, let me know bc I have the same problem

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
so i jacked the front up and turned the wheel, but just couldnt recreate it. so i put it on the ground and tried and still couldnt. so i tried it while it was moving and still couldnt.... this is dumb! LOL

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
think i found the issue. I went to get new tires today and got an alignment aswell. Looks like it was off a bit and the guy said somthing about the control arm not being tight. so far it hasnt done it since i left the shop! hope that was the problem.